Method for preventing longitudinal tearing of conveyor belt joints
With the continuous improvement of the mechanized mining level of coal mines, more and more attention has been paid to the requirements of the belt conveyor’s transport system performance and operational reliability. The poor working conditions in coal mines are often encountered in the transport process of belt conveyors, such as iron wire, steel bars, and anchor rods. It is not uncommon to scratch conveyor belts. Due to the high-speed operation of the conveyor belt, once the belt is scratched, the conveyor belt is in a state with coal, and it is difficult for the driver to find it. Even if it can be discovered and stopped immediately, it usually causes 200 to 500 m or longer conveyor belts. Loss, need to replace the conveyor belt or even stop production. In severe cases, accidents such as casualties and equipment damage may occur due to a broken conveyor belt.
Existing problems in the vulcanization of conveyor belt joints
Most conveyor belts are fire-retardant steel cord conveyor belts. The joints are generally steel wire lap vulcanization, and are divided into primary vulcanization, secondary vulcanization, and tertiary vulcanization, but the conveyor belt scratches the surface. Still not controlled, the extension of the scratched surface can cause the conveyor belt to be scrapped.
In order to solve the above problems, a longitudinal tear-proof mesh vulcanization process is applied to the middle of the core rubber and the cover rubber to prevent the above-mentioned problems.
(1) Preparation. Clean up the construction site to ensure that the workplace is clean, with less dust and water on the top. Prepare rubber and gel tools and materials. According to the vulcanizer and insulation board angle, on the premise of guaranteeing the curing length of the conveyor belt, the 90° line, the 17° line and the center line of the conveyor belt are drawn on the front and back surfaces of the conveyor belt with a powder line.
(2) Peel off the wire rope. Use a cutting knife to remove the wire rope. Be careful not to deform or cut the wire rope so as not to affect the strength of the joint. In order to improve the licking progress, a diagonal knife is used to avoid the mesh, and then the excess rubber attached to the wire rope is cleaned.
(3) Lapping. The joints of the conveyor belt are two-level lap joints. The length of the long steel wire rope is 1800 mm, and the length of the short steel wire rope is 900 mm. When cutting the steel wire, the scissors must be sharp to prevent the steel wire head from spreading to affect the quality of the glued joint. Both ends of the vulcanized conveyor belt were pulled with a powder line, and the center line was again determined. The centerline overlap and vulcanization length should meet the requirements of the standard, and then the conveyor belt should be fixed on the vulcanizing platform with nails or clips.
(4) brush glue and auxiliary anti-slit film. After the conveyor belt is fixed, newspapers are spread on the heating plate of the vulcanizing machine, and a metal sheet of 0.75 mm thickness is placed between the heating plate joints. According to the relevant data of the joints, lay down the rubber sheet under the conveyor belt, clean it twice with 120# gasoline, and then clean the cover core glue. Brush the cover layer and the core glue twice and put the steel wire after air drying. From both sides to the center, the steel wire must be straightened, and the wire gap should be equal and uniform. The longest wire rope is placed on the outer side along the running direction of the conveyor belt.
After the steel wire rope is finished, the steel wire is brushed once with the prepared glue, and the outer side of the steel wire is filled with the core rubber to increase its adhesion.
Use the same method and procedure to clean the cover rubber and the core glue. After laying the core glue, begin laying the longitudinal tear-proof mesh sheet and then laying the cover glue. Stick the exhaust hole on the edge to eliminate the air bubbles produced after the conveyor belt is vulcanized. In order to ensure the quality of glued.
(5) Sulfuration. Secure the vulcanizer upper mold with bolts. Connect all the wiring and water pipes, then press and heat up, start vulcanization, when the temperature <50 °C, the pressure should be ≥ 0.5 MPa; when the temperature is 80 °C ~ 90 °C, the pressure is 1.0MPa; when the temperature is 120 °C, The pressure is 2.0 MPa; when the temperature is between 145°C and 155°C, the holding time should be ~45 min, then the heating is stopped, natural cooling is performed with the pressure remaining unchanged, and the vulcanizing machine is removed when the temperature drops to 70°C. Check the joint and remove the burrs. During the operation should pay attention to:
1) Before vulcanization, all machine tools materials should be in place to ensure that they are used as they are;
2) The rubber used for vulcanization and its storage time must meet the requirements;
3) The joint surface treatment must conform to the specification;
4) The basic time of vulcanization should be well controlled;
5) The compression coefficient of the tape should be adjusted;
6) To prevent sudden power failure at the vulcanization temperature >100°C to prevent the dissolving adhesive from sticking when the vulcanization temperature drops below 100°C, causing the joint to be scrapped.
Because the longitudinal tear-proof mesh sheet is sandwiched between the core glue and the cover rubber, it has no influence on the surface of the original belt surface, and the anti-vertical tearing mesh sheet has a soft texture and does not affect the bending strength when the conveyor belt passes through the drum. The use of joints to prevent vertical tearing vulcanization process is based on the original vulcanization process unchanged, simply adding a special anti-longitudinal tearing mesh between the core glue and the cover rubber to ensure the original joint tensile strength. The longitudinal tear prevention performance of the conveyor belt joint is improved, and the conveyor belt is effectively prevented from being scratched by foreign objects, and the service life is prolonged.
Conveyor belt joints and repair
Conveyor belt is the core of the belt conveyor machine, no matter how good the belt conveyor, if the conveyor belt connection is not good, and the conveyor belt damage, will seriously affect the customer experience. Wuxi Fuda Vulcanizer Manufacturing Co., Ltd. specializing in the production of conveyor joints and repair vulcanizing machine, with more than 20 years of production experience, the products throughout the country’s major mining companies and overseas. And get the praise from all the clients.
For conveyor belt joints and repair equipment, please find Wuxi Fuda Vulcanizer Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
WUXI FUDA VULCANIZER MANUFACTURING CO., LTD.
Since 2001, as professional we manufacture high quality machines at best price!
Address: Guangming industrial zone, Xibei town, Wuxi city, Jiangsu Province, China 214194
Mobile & WhatsApp: 86-15995216108 Skype: live:alex-fudamachine
Email: email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: wuxifuda.en.alibaba.com & www.conveyorbeltvulcanizer.com